330 NE Foster Rd, Bremerton, WA 98311
All CK District Elementary Schools offer a band program and students can begin playing in the school band at the start of their 5th grade year. At the beginning of the school year your child will have the opportunity to explore and play various band instruments. Qualified music teachers will assist them through this process. Band instruments which they can play include:flute, clarinet, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, trumpet, trombone, baritone, and percussion instruments (drums and mallets). Elementary band meets each day for 30 minutes during the school day. Typically there are three concerts during the school year.
Course of study:
1. Basic care and maintenance of the instruments
2. Physical technique required for successful musicianship
3. Notation reading
4. Vocabulary words
5. General skills of musicianship , musical expressions and interpretation
1. “Ed Suata” book 1, by Ed Suata
2. “Yamaha Performance Folio”
3. Clarinets and saxes need a minimum of 3 reeds at all times.
4. Trumpets and baritones need valve oil.
5. Trombones need slide oil or slide cream.